From Helix Community
Helix Player Home > Localization
Helix Player Localization (l10n)
Supported languages are:
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
For a list of current outstanding localization issues click here or query bugzilla with "localization" tracker under the "player" project.
Bugs can be submitted via the public Bugzilla bug tracking database using the following field values:
Version: RealPlayer 10.0.1.xxx (xxx=your build number as seen in the About box under the help menu)
Steps for entering localization bugs for the Linux RealPlayer
1. Always check to see if it happens with the English version. If it happens with the English version, then it is not a localization bug per se, and should be noted as either a globalization bug, i.e. code not written to support other locales, or a generic core bug, i.e. a defect in the core code of the application
2. Please attach a screen shot, if possible in JPG format, of the issue to the bug.
3. Please make sure the steps are clear and concise so that anyone can follow them. Provide exact recreation steps that even a person with limited computer knowledge can follow.
4. All bugs should be in clear, spell-checked English.
Anatomy of a bug
- Project - Player
- Tracker - Localization
2. Include the following information:
- Version of RealPlayer used - Select this in "Version" or add if not listed in, "Or, new version."
- Flavour of Linux used and version - Listed in "OS" field.
LOC: Lang: OS: Issue.
LOC: FR(ench): RedHat 9: Player doesn't display content from http://www.thisisthepage.com.
4. The Description should contain the following and in this order:
Steps to reproduce
Specific steps to reproduce the problem
What you think should have happened
Machine, machine spec (Processor, hard drive, RAM, video card, display, display resolution, CD-ROM etc as appropriate), OS and OS version, Player version, etc.
Any additional information that would help us track down the problem
Reported bugs will be triaged and assigned the priority deemed appropriate on an individual basis. Any bugs related to matters of translation will be vetted by an appropriate audience prior to any change decisions being made.
Support and Feedback
Added June 28, 2004: Preliminary Schedule
Added June 28, 2004: Included information on the localization kit
Added Sep 30, 2004: Release of 10.0.1 & 1.0.1 final builds with localization
Added Oct 22, 2004: Updated the link to the latest LocKit 1.0.1.